Sports Premium Grant Report 2015/16
Awarded for 201516: £9000
- PE Learning resources: £2698
- Dedicated Sports Teacher: £6177
- Entry to Sports Events: £125
To develop sporting activities with a view to promoting:
- Educational outcomes (National Curriculum standards)
- Healthy lifestyles
- Competition and community events.
- Dedicated PE coach to lead PE sessions across the school to ensure continuity and progression.
- Teaching staff to continue to observe and share in teaching, building up own skills.
- Afterschool provision to be led by school staff and dedicated sports coach.
- Ongoing participation in inter school competitions and local league/friendly matches.
- Quality of PE teaching increased across both Key Stages.
- Pupil skills and health/ level of fitness improved.
- Pupils continue to have access to a range of extracurricular opportunities.
- Pupil and staff confidence levels and selfevaluation skills increase.
Summary of expenditure and outcomes to date
- The majority of the Primary Sports Grant in this financial year has been spent on staffing.
- The grant has enabled the school to procure coaching services for three days a week to enhance the teaching and learning at all levels within the school.
- Extracurricular sporting activities have included: cross country, hockey, boys and girls football, athletics, and multisports. Children have represented the school in a number of interschool events such as indoor athletics, football and hockey. We were once again winners of the small schools Cross Country Championships and for the 7th year running, winners of the small schools Athletics Championships. Funding has also enabled us to partake in wider events that required entrance fees.
Proposals for 2016/17
Due to the continuing increase in both skills and knowledge; feedback from both pupils and parents and our continued successes, we have committed to continue to use the services of the Sports Coach for the forthcoming year. The school’s new PE coordinator will continue to work closely with the coach to ensure continuity and sustainability of all standards achieved.